How big a mistake?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duker

Reaction score
2 week ago I brewed a batch of Cream Ale, pitched the yeast and let it so it's thing. An hour or so layer it hit me I did not add water to bring it up to 5 gal. Last night I racked to the secondary and added 1 gal to bring the brew up to 5 gal. Should I be worried. Everything was thoroughly sanitized.

maybe some one else would have a different answer. but i wouldn't think so. only thing i can think of is if it doesnt get mixed in well. but that shouldnt be a problem since you still have to transfer one more time. are you gonna bottle or keg?

I agree that it shouldn't matter, but I probably would have left it. Would have been a good beer and slightly stronger than intended, but no problems.

It will be bottled. I did think about leaving it alone, but not sure how strong it would be, no problem for me, but taking it on a trip and some friends will be trying home brew for the first time. Hope it turns out ok. Thanks for the info!

Back