Is there anything better than a flawless brew day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BudzAndSudz

Reaction score
You know the days I'm talking about. You nail your mash temp perfectly, sparge volume perfect. Post-boil volume is spot on with the recipe, and OG is exactly what you predicted. Nothing spills, boils over, clogs, jams or breaks. Is there any better feeling in the world?

I just had another day like that yesterday, and I'm still riding the high this morning!

Had one of those days on Friday...a nice Irish Stout...only problem was a leaky lid on my primary bucket...fixed it though.

Stout.jpg

Since I cannot dunk a basketball, jack a fastball out of Yankee Stadium or throw a TD pass to win the Superbowl nailing brew day is about as good as it gets. I crushed it this weekend with my first BIAB recipe and am still riding the high. Brew day rocks! :rockin:

That was basically me last Wednesday. Hit 85% efficiency which is the highest I have hit in awhile. Good feeling.

Since I cannot dunk a basketball, jack a fastball out of Yankee Stadium or throw a TD pass to win the Superbowl nailing brew day is about as good as it gets.

Also I hope you don't mind if I steal that quote for my signature. That's just great.

Yeah I can have a perfect brewday and still worry that the beer will suck. Eventually I will have recipes that I know are good, but by then I imagine my process will be repeatable..

Having a beer turn out flawlessly. Flawless brew day does not always equal flawless beer.

True but it's a very important first step. You'll never get a flawless beer from a horrible brew day, so when the first part goes right, you're well on your way towards a flawless brew.

Oh yeah, had a flawless brew of a barleywine a week or so ago, and it was a fantastic start to the entire year! :ban:

-Rich

I may just hate all of you. I just started heating my strike water and noticed a steady drip under the ball valve. Since this is also my BK I had to abort, drain the keggle, and just finished re-soldering the pipe thread. Maybe tomorrow will be a perfect brew day!

Back