CO2 Recharge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebull

Reaction score
I hate to tell you this, but I picked up my 5# bottle of CO2 from the local filler and the cost was $3.25 prior to tax. Life is good.

Where are you at?
I get an exchange for $16. That's a pretty wicked price:rockin:

I live in Southern Utah. I just left my tank on Friday and returned on Monday and it was full. Some guy fills all the customer tanks collected during the week on the weekend. It's a large operation and they supply every kind of gas.

I pay a little less than 7 bucks for 5#. Its a dry ice company and they just grab it and fill it.

Shoopdog said:
I can't seem to find someone to fill my tank for less than $27. Is this an exchange service, or did they fill your tank on site?

Why not rent a 50 lb siphon tank and fill your own then? Where I am, the tank rental is somewhere in the neighborhood of $60-$70 a year and it's another $60 to fill it. You could probably make some of that back if you have some buddies that need a fill. Either undercut the competition or get them to throw in with you to rent it and split the cost.

It looks like about $14 for me... Sadly, the place most availible to me only swaps their own tanks, and has a 5 day "gap" for filling mine... Fine, I'll spend $0.60 cents more and use the one closest to my house...

(Edit: Five pound tanks)

its about $12-$14 for a 5# swap around here... I'm about to find a place that will jsut refill them though... I've lost my backup co2 tank to a local homebrewer and need to buy another backup tank, but I wounldn't want to loose a brand new tank in the swap out refill process...

Back