Why do we feel the need to....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodDogShelby

Reaction score
..... name our "breweries"?

I've done and I see that a bunch of folks here and in my local club have given official sounding names to selves. Don't get me wrong, it is serious to me, but funny none the less.

Signed, The Proprietor and Head Brew Master of The Tin Cup Brewing Company.
(Okay, I am the only Brew Master and I gave myself all those titles.)

I don't think we name our breweries on our own. We do it because its required.
Bill Hormann, Brewmaster at Riverview Brew.

It's just something that completes the picture for me. It's better than uncle Tom's hooche corner. Or Ken's cat litter squeezins...:drunk::D

It gives purpose to our madness~!

Signed: The president and QC officer at Shmuck's Brewery and Tavern... don't shmuck it up!

Or name a DIPA mutherschmucker. :D It's all part of the enjoyment to see friends reactions to a beer labeled with your own lil brewery name.

Or name a DIPA mutherschmucker. :D It's all part of the enjoyment to see friends reactions to a beer labeled with your own lil brewery name.

You actually hit the nail on the head with our brewery name, lol. We want labels that are something like this:

"Try Shmuck's DIPA Muthershmucker! With 10% ABV and 100 IBU's....it will be sure to Shmuck you up! Drink responsibly."

We do it because it I think in general we like to label things we are proud of. Can you imagine a band that doesn't have a name? You have to call yourselves something. I even it took it a step further though....I made up t-shirts and stickers with the brewery logo on them and sell them. Pretty cool to see random people around town wearing my brewery t-shirt!!

I as far as to name my fermenters... Mr. Fusion and The Flux Capacitor were the first two.

Brewmaster, Time Traveler~OUTATIME Brewing

What's wrong with naming stuff?

Don't see too many people standing on their back porch yelling, "DOG, DOG, HERE DOG!"

I don't know, ever since I was a little kid I always wanted to have a dog named DOG. Just seems so perfectly on the nose to me!

We do it because it I think in general we like to label things we are proud of. Can you imagine a band that doesn't have a name? You have to call yourselves something. I even it took it a step further though....I made up t-shirts and stickers with the brewery logo on them and sell them. Pretty cool to see random people around town wearing my brewery t-shirt!!

Your band analogy is perfect!

The shirt/stickers is a good idea!I wouldn't mind doing that myself! I probably wouldn't sell them but maybe make up 100 or so of them and give them out to everyone. It'd be cool.

Neighbors dog is called Dirt, but I never hear him yelling it.

My dog's name is Axel. Everytime he won't come in and I yell loudly for him over and over all my neighbors run inside and lock their doors. Can't figure out why.

"Axel! AX-HOLE! Get over here you AX-HOLE!" Maybe I should have picked a name that doesn't sound like *******. :shrug: :tank:

I think that kind of stuff is just as fun as the brewing process and takes a lot less time. I can mess around with it when I have an extra 30 minutes here or there.

I rename almost every beer I brew and make new labels for each brew. If I'm kegging, I'll print a 5x7-size photo of the label and put it in a magnetic frame on the kegerator. When the keg is tapped, I'll tape the label to the side of the kegerator to have a log of all the beers I've brewed.

It's dumb and few other people ever see it, but I just have a lot of fun doing it. Here's an example (I need to correct the stuff in red):

Sweet Magnolia.jpg

For Christmas, SWMBO is having a graphic designer friend draw up logos for my "brewery". She's going to have the logos printed on a set of pint glasses...AWESOME!!!

Pride in our product. Have a little fun.
People name cars when it's easy to say Joe's 32 highboy and people know the car they are talking about. I know guys that have named a favorite rifle.

Guys tend to name the things they love.

What's wrong with naming stuff?

Don't see too many people standing on their back porch yelling, "DOG, DOG, HERE DOG!"

I guess you never watched Petticoat Junction when you were a kid... or am I that much older than you?

It's part of the fun for me, just another way to express creativity. We have a name, logo, and an entire marketing plan.

Back