Temp Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeeordye11

Reaction score
Ok, so later on today we are building a keezer. What I need to know is how we should apply the temp controller. I have a seen everything from puting it in a bottle of water to putting it in one of those freezer things with the blue gel in it. What is the general consensus on what is appropriate? Cheers!

I leave mine dangling about mid-way down, set on 42. The bottom may be a degree cooler and the top may be a degree warmer, but I'm fairly certain that it'll still hold temp better, and cycle less than a refridgerator. IMO, it's not worth sweating that much (as apposed to the temp control on the fermenter).

I have my sensor dangling about half height. I also have a small fan inside to circulate the air, which I think is key. The Ranco is set for a 2F dead band. I've sat there swilling beers watching the controller cycle and It's pretty regular.

Back