Heading to North East, PA Wine Festival but staying in Erie, PA. Suggestions Please!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmckee56

Reaction score
Me and SWMBO are heading to the annual North East, PA Wine Festival next weekend and we plan to stay in Erie, PA, so I was hoping to get a few good locations for great beer and food. We plan to stop into Erie Brewing, VooDoo and a few other places, but I was looking for a nice pub or two to visit.

Any suggestions?

Salute! :mug:

Sprague in Venango. It is just south of Edinboro. Re-done barn, great atmosphere, great people. Brian and Minnie are the best. VooDoo Isn't a Pub, but if they are there, they are happy to give you a tour. Brewerie is in downtown Erie at the old train station. Take the extra drive, and visit Sprague, you won't regret it.

Sprague in Venango. It is just south of Edinboro. Re-done barn, great atmosphere, great people. Brian and Minnie are the best. VooDoo Isn't a Pub, but if they are there, they are happy to give you a tour. Brewerie is in downtown Erie at the old train station. Take the extra drive, and visit Sprague, you won't regret it.

I am pretty sure SWMBO has Spraque on the tour list. She also has VooDoo on the list, but I will inform her that they are not a Pub. We are also looking into Union Station and Erie Brewing, so we will be busy on Friday/Saturday.

Thanks for the info.

Fredonia, NY is only a 30 minute drive from NE.
http://www.ellicottvillebrewing.com/html/Home.html
[ame]http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&expIds=17259,18168,25907,25930,25940,26512&sugexp=ldymls&tok=nJfzdJjcbB8bcg2FlwSjMQ&xhr=t&cp=30&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=ellicottville+brewing+company+fredonia&fb=1&gl=us&hq=ellicottville+brewing+company&hnear=Fredonia,+NY&cid=0,0,12950403000511205382&ei=JAOWTPX-AcOB8gb-0MSMDA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=2&sqi=2&ved=0CBwQnwIwAQ[/ame]

On you way back home, you should stop at North Country Brewing in Slippery Rock. Great Beer, Great food, and cool atmosphere. It is right down town. Actually, one of my favorite restaurants...ever.

On you way back home, you should stop at North Country Brewing in Slippery Rock. Great Beer, Great food, and cool atmosphere. It is right down town. Actually, one of my favorite restaurants...ever.

Was just there on Labor Day. They were pretty busy too. I believe I heard them saying it was a 50 - 60 minute wait for a table.

Good beer!

Back