Das Ghettobrauerie!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dumpsterfish

Reaction score
I thought I just posted this, but it looks like my computer farked up. So here's my recently upgraded setup. Not so earthquake-safe, but hey, it makes beer, so that's good enough.

First, my new MLT...

IMG_1275.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

And a shot of the whole setup.

IMG_1273.jpg

What does HBT think? I'm just about to mash in an english brown ale...the inaugural run!

Nice set up, but I do have a concern. The propane tank sitting on the shelf right next to the burner. If I were you, I'd put the tank on the shelf below. If the hose doesn't reach, you can raise the tank by putting cement blocks on the shelf, then set the tank on those.

And, I'm curious why you cut the lid like that. Can you post a pic if the top side?

that is a 10g cooler.

Good call on the tank, I'll have to move it.

IMG_1278.jpg

basically the top is cut so I can stir the mash without having to take off the lid. If it loses to much heat, I've got a second lid with no holes. So far at 22 min, no temp loss tho.

Just use your other lid. You shouldn't have to stir your mash other than when you dough in or add sparge water.....in which case you'll take the lid off anyway....

Also, think about upgrading your tubing to silicone in the mashtun.....that vinyl tubing will create off flavors for sure...

Very nice, reminds me of the days that my "brewery" lived on the top of a 4'x8'x2.5' gun cabinet.........

Latest posts

Back