Vanilla Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElTejon

Reaction score
Thinking about brewing a Brewers Best Smoked Porter but I'd like to make it a vanilla. I've read that you can add vanilla extract along with the priming sugar at bottling. Any suggestions on how much? We're big fans of the Breckenridge Vanilla Porter.

Thanks,
Rick

You can add vanilla, and porters are great beers to do this with. I however, would not want to add vanilla to a smoked porter. The thing with adding stuff like extract is that you want to try a small sample size and use a dropper to add the extract into that sample and taste until you get the right flavor you are looking for. Then you can scale up to see how much you should add to the full batch and bottle. Also make sure you use a high quality vanilla extract and not imitation vanilla. If you dont want to go the dropper route, do some search on this forum and you will get a decent idea of how much to add and then you can use more/less on your next batch

Thinking about brewing a Brewers Best Smoked Porter but I'd like to make it a vanilla. I've read that you can add vanilla extract along with the priming sugar at bottling. Any suggestions on how much? We're big fans of the Breckenridge Vanilla Porter.

Thanks,
Rick

I'm in the process of doing the same thing with that kit. How did it turn out?

Back