Did a little christmas shopping today....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talleymonster

Reaction score
tl_008.jpg

Stone Double Bastard x5
Unibroue Taster Pack x2:
Blanche De Chambly
Ephemere
Chambly Noire
Raftman
Unibroue Taster Pack x2:
Maudite
Trois Pistoles
La Fin Du Monde
Don De Dieu
Redhook Double Black Stout with Coffee x3
Jolly Pumpkin Oro De Calabaza x2
Stone Vertical Epic x1
Stone 12 Aniv

That's a nice haul there. I just saw the Red Hook today. Let us know how prominent the coffee flavor is. If it's subtle I'll pick some up.

awww, thanks for the Oro De Calabaza. You're so nice!

I won't be buying any Double Bastard this year. I still have two from last year in my closet. I just don't drink it very fast.

I picked up a unibroue package for my Dad last week.
I found out he and his new GF drank all my homebrew I left up in PDX to age.
He once again likes good beer. :)
I guess he is now hooked in more ways than one. :D

Double bastard just arrived here. I was dissapointed. I LOVE regular AB but this seemed really solventy and heavy on fusels. Gets better with age?

Damn Tally, you must have a f'ing amazing "cellar" going on there with all your purchases. I m in awe... and wicked jealous.

come Mr. Talley man, talley me...

:ban: :ban: :ban: :ban:

You guys know the one thing that's great about living in Quebec? Unibroue is a local beer! I don't know about you guys, but I can pay as little as $3.50 a full 750ml bottle, which is amazing for Quebec (keep in mind, we tax alcohol like it's the plague).

Just a little hint for anyone who's interested, the Maudite is a good choice for Christmas dinner, as the story goes that some Quebecois loggers that were far from home were granted a trip back home to celebrate the New Year's Eve by the Devil as long as they didn't touch the top of church steeples or say the name of the Holy Lord. Their means of transportation was a flying canoe (the name of it being "La Maudite" or "The Damned", hence the picture). Before they leave, they make a pact not to drink anymore so they can easily come back. So they go and party and have a great time (in some variations, it is with their loved ones who they dearly miss), but they realize they must be back for work soon, so they quickly get back in the canoe and paddle as quickly as they can. The navigator seemingly didn't respect the pact to not drink anymore and they just miss the steeple of a church and they crash into a snow drift. The navigator begins swearing, saying the name of God. The others try to silence him, fearing the Devil. They quickly get back into the canoe, and try to head back to work.
Now in most versions of the story, they all escape the punishment of the Devil, but they will always remember that New Year's Eve where they could have lost their souls to the Devil.

source: Chasse-galerie

Double bastard just arrived here. I was dissapointed. I LOVE regular AB but this seemed really solventy and heavy on fusels. Gets better with age?

Damn Tally, you must have a f'ing amazing "cellar" going on there with all your purchases. I m in awe... and wicked jealous.

come Mr. Talley man, talley me...

:ban: :ban: :ban: :ban:

Funny. I think AB is overrated and I like how the extra alcohol balances out the hops. I just don't buy AB anymore.

I see
blankface.gif

so how long should you cellar the 08 version of the Epic?

Teh point of the whole Vertical Epic project was to have several bottles to offer up from 01-01-01 progressing through 12-12-2012 Then you serve up those 12 every year until they are gone.

Seems like a great money making project to me....03-03-03 Epic is selling for $80 a bottle on Ebay.

Teh point of the whole Vertical Epic project was to have several bottles to offer up from 01-01-01 progressing through 12-12-2012 Then you serve up those 12 every year until they are gone.

Seems like a great money making project to me....03-03-03 Epic is selling for $80 a bottle on Ebay.

There was no 01. They started in 02.

When the 03 gets to $150 a bottle, I'm totally selling mine. :)

I've got over a case of the 08. And I may buy another, because they still have cases and cases of it. Sit on it for a few years and see what happens with it.

and yes Flack, I do earn points for my purchases at Lee's.

I've got over a case of the 08. And I may buy another, because they still have cases and cases of it. Sit on it for a few years and see what happens with it.

and yes Flack, I do earn points for my purchases at Lee's.

I had two cases of the 03 and 04 when they came out. They didn't last too long.

Back