Fruit addition to Consecration second runnings.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hllywd

Reaction score
Back in late September I brewed a More Beer Consecration kit (all grain). I collected about 3 gallons of second runnings from the mash and added some DME I had finishing with a 1.057 wort. I used a pack of Roselare blend and had a vigorous fermentation. It has been next to the Consecration kit since in an area that runs about 70°F.

About a week and a half ago I racked approximately 2 1/2 gallons of the second runnings onto approximately 3 lbs of peaches. As of today there is still no activity in the airlock. I'm inclined to wait it out for a couple months, but thought maybe I'd throw my situation out here for comments and/ideas.

The microbes are slow to work on fruit after sitting around so long. Give it a month or two and then take a gravity reading and taste to see how things are going.

Yes, most of the sacc has died and it is left to the stressed brett and bugs to work on.

This extra sugar will probably build up the brett cells and it will get going in a couple of weeks. Fortunately you already have a lot of alcohol in the brew which will protect it from any foreign elements.

Back