munton yeast pitched too low?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustavo

Reaction score
I sprinkled the dry yeast, munton, on my pumpkin ale kit. The temperature was around 60*. Its been 24 hours and no sign of fermination. I'm wondering if If i killed the yeast or is it just taking longer since it is low temp.

Thank. You figure I should know better, but usually with in 24 hours you see some signs of fermintation. Guess just eager. CHEERS

Thank. You figure I should know better, but usually with in 24 hours you see some signs of fermintation. Guess just eager. CHEERS

Just be patient, whether you know it or not you followed best practice for pitching yeast slightly below the desired fermentation temperature. This practice promotes a controlled growth phase and you should allow the temperature to self rise to desired temp, ideally 66-68 and then hold.

You will be rewarded with an ideal fermentation and very tasty beer!:mug:

Yup just checked my gravity and holly Molly. The beer is finished fermenting. That had to be the fastest fermentation ever

Yup just checked my gravity and holly Molly. The beer is finished fermenting. That had to be the fastest fermentation ever

While the beer may have reached your desired FG, it is not done fermenting, only active fermentation. Be patient and allow at least another week for the yeast to finish up and the beer to clear. If you are a patient person, 2 more weeks would be better:)

Back