Bottling Kegged Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roman Brewer

Reaction score
I have 5 gallons of Amber Ale that I am kegging today. I have a friend who wants me to send some of this beer to him via UPS. I don't really want to go through the effort of priming 6 bottles of beer to do this. Has anyone ever bottled some keg conditioned beer?

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do this, but I do see potential for loss of carbanation or infection if you aren't careful. Can anyone offer up some advice about this?

Roman Brewer

Regardless of whether you use a beer gun that's homemade or professionally built having your bottles the same temp as your beer will help reduce the amount of foam and thus some the lose of carbonation

Additionally a slow pour will also help

what about kegging the whole batch and (before carbing the keg) using a short section of tubing to fill your sterized bottles...add carb tabs/carb drops, cap and you're set.

This thread is great, it answered all my questions. Thanks Yooper!

I wanted to pull of a 12 pack before I kegged but I didn't have any priming tabs. I've never used them before.

I use a homemade bottle filler, I also added a splitter and an air nozzle, so I can purge the bottle with co2.

Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices ALso, the two male couplers ... will fit on your regulator, if you want to piggy back regulators together.

You can also use a bottle filler instead of the racking cane .. less of a mess.

what about kegging the whole batch and (before carbing the keg) using a short section of tubing to fill your sterized bottles...add carb tabs/carb drops, cap and you're set.

I went this route and it worked great. Got an extra liquid out connection, a piece of line, and a picnic tap. Serves the purpose of running sanitizer thru the poppet, then after allowing the excess sanitizer to drain I used it (plus the bottling wand) to fill a few bottles.

I can use same setup with a different want/stopper to fill carbonated beer if I ever decide to.

Back