Need some help getting equipment to an APO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeutscheMaster

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Like the title states, I'm stationed in Germany and need some info. I'm looking for companies that will ship to APO boxes. I've tried a couple and after the order is placed I get emails asking for a physical address. I really want to get back into brewing, but I have zero equipment and there are no homebrew stores in my area. :mad:

When I was stationed in Germany, I had to call some places and let them know what the deal was. They will need to ship via US Postal Service. This may increase shipping some.
I never had a problem with the larger online stores like Amazon.

You might want to read some of the info in this gys thread, not necessarily his openning rant, but some of the responses from GI's and even a couple lhbs owners about how difficult it is to ship to APOs. Some don't even bother trying.

Read this.

Take what he says with a grain of salt, but skim through the responses. There should be some info for you there.

You are in Germany - while homebrewing isn't a very popular hobby there, you can easily get ingredients and equipment from German suppliers.

Look for a burco boiler; peruse the ebay UK site for one, or purchase from the UK online homebrew sites. Most times I have seen on ebay.co.uk sellers are willing to ship most places within the EU.

Plus, as a bonus, being you have 240v standard there, the options you have available to you right out of the gate are actually much better if you want to do something with electric.

:mug:

As usual the members of HBT come through with great info. I love the community on here.
@Revvy Thank you so much for the links. I learned a ton just from those couple threads.

@ArcaneXor Yeah I actually have an advantage, my wife is German. I made contact with the Brew Meister at the local Brauhaus. I can get ingredients and yeast from him for a pretty decent price.

@cyberbackpacker Thank you for the heads up on the boiler. Going to order one.

Like the title states, I'm stationed in Germany and need some info. I'm looking for companies that will ship to APO boxes. I've tried a couple and after the order is placed I get emails asking for a physical address. I really want to get back into brewing, but I have zero equipment and there are no homebrew stores in my area. :mad:

www.kegkits.com and www.towercooler.com ship to APO boxes. The other resellers would too if they understood that it's just a addess and the US Government picks up postage once the order leaves the States.

Latest posts

Back