Can you Brew It recipe for Captain Lawrence Xtra Gold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricCSU

Reaction score
All recipes are (unless otherwise specified): 6 gallons post-boil, 70% efficiency, Morey for color, 15% evaporation, 7.27 gallons preboil, Rager IBU, and most hops are in grams not ounces. Most, if not all recipes are primary only (no secondary).

If you brew this, please reply with your results for discussion.

OG 1085
FG 2.5-3 Plato
3.8 SRM
66 IBU

80min boil

84.6% Pilsner
15.4% Cane sugar

7g Simcoe 13%AA @Mash hop
23g Simcoe @80m
24g Cascade 5.75%AA @20m
24g Simcoe @20m
71g Amarillo dry hop

WLP530

Mash at 151

Ferment at 74F and free rise. Keep below 90F.

Carbonate to 2.6 volumes

I grabbed everything I need to brew a 3.5gallon version of this recipe. I will be brewing it tomorrow. Will post back with results

I brewed this recipe on 11/18. I missed the OG by a few points came in at 1.076. Added a healthy 1.5L starter and it was going crazy 7 hours later. I am really looking forward to this beer.

I took a gravity sample today. After 10 days I am down to 1.009-1.010. This beer is very dry and reminds me of a white wine. I am going to transfer this later today and add some dry hops.

I dry hopped today. I went with a 50/50 blend of Amarillo and Simcoe. The original recipe call for all Amarillo dry hop but I figured a little Simcoe couldnt hurt.

This beer came out very good. The boozyness has mellowed and the hops are shining. Very tasty beer. It was well reviewed at a recent HomeBrew Club meeting.

Back