Lhbs & brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadCanyonPH

Reaction score
For the past few months I have been researching and writing a business plan for a brewery & restaurant only to determine that the start-up costs are too high for my current situation. I have a decent amount of savings that I have no problem investing, but I don't want a lot of debt.

My plan has now changed from opening a full scale brewpub to something like a nano brewery with a homebrew shop attached.

Has anyone out there tried this business model before?

My goal isn't to strike it rich but dig in, and establish my cities first local brewery. The 15 mile-radius-population of where I live is around 300,000 and the competition is little to none for breweries and homebrew shops.

Another option I have considered is to just start the nano brewery sans brew shop. This will allow myself to focus more on sales and distribution of my beer, but will decrease daytime traffic and sales. Either way I want to serve my beer on tap.

cap top.jpg

Stock market? Good way to invest without debt.

EDIT: Your original post only contained the following:
For the past few months I have been researching and writing a business plan for a brewery & restaurant only to determine that the start-up costs are too high for my current situation. I have a decent amount of savings that I have no problem investing, but I don't want a lot of debt.

Back