will this oxi work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustRod

Reaction score
will this oxi work to clean out inside my fermenter
could i used wallmart noname oxi?

thanks
justrod a newbie

Yes, the only thing that matters is its scent free. Other than that they are all the same.

that stuff still has some kind of smell to it. I'm not sure if it's because it's packaged in the same facility as regular oxyclean or shipped in the same boxes, or what but it still has a fake floral scent.

I use sun oxygen cleaner - I get it at the dollar store or dollar general. it has nothing scented in it.

whats the fear with scented stuff?

I got the Kroger version the other day, washed my kegs with it, put the beers on tap and I cant even sniff any of the orange/citrus type scent that it had added. I just rinsed the living hell out of it and then let it sit in Starsan for about 20 minutes.

I don't notice any scent, and I leave it for weeks in my stainless equipment with no ill results.

I don't think it reacts with stainless.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

As long as the label reads its Chlorine Free, it will NOT react to the stainless. Pitting only happens when Chlorine is present in the Oxy. Chlorine and stainless steel = bad.
If you have to use anything containing Chlorine in stainless, use it sparingly, not too long soak-wise and rinse well.
Avoid it if possible.
:)

i use the $1 "oxi" from dollar general. Have for years and it's always worked with no problems; kegs, carboys, lines.

After really reading the label . I noticed it say perfume free . so I guess that's what I m looking for

Back