Wheat gone wild?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushwilliams

Reaction score
Okay so last Sunday I brewed a low grav. Wheat with some Wyeast 1010. I admit I didn't use a starter for the first time in a long time, just poured in the packet but the OG was only 1.043 so I didn't really care. The fermentation lagged to the high end of 18 hours but it took off and had a very active ferment. (blew out of the 6.5 and its only 5g of beer). A few days later it looked like it started a 2nd Krausen that hasn't subsided and steady bubbling continues. This is the first of my 10 all grains that didn't just rock and roll in 3 or 4 days and die out. My plan (as I thought this was a 7 day beer) was to crash it tonight to 35 and force carb/tap by Monday. I hesitate to fuss with it though since the bubbler is still a bubble or so every 3 or 4 seconds. Any advice? I kept fermentation temp at 67.

I did, came out at 1010 so I hit my FG. The wort also tasted very good so Im going to chalk this up to the yeast behaving differently for now and brew it again with a few tweaks (but same yeast) soon and see if it behave the same. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back