What style of beer is it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAVET

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is a web site or something out there to help me out. My SWMBO thinks I am nuts. When we go out, I will order a beer I have never had before, just because. The problem is 1) I am not sure what style some of them are and 2) I'd like to try some other styles but am not sure what some of the beer style commercial examples would be. Is there someplace out there with a "master" list of commercial beer makers and what style of beer they brew or a lsit of styles with commercial examples?

The only problem inhave with bjcp is the style examples are limited. If you can look it up whole you're out, I would just google it. If not, go ahead and write it down. There are plenty of sites that will list just about everything.

You might find this more useful: BA styles They also have a pdf. Both have commercial examples of each style.

The characteristics of wheat beers make them great for summer drinking and many well-known American wheat beers are seasonal brews such as Bell's Oberon, Shipyard Summer Ale and Full Sail's Hangtime Ale.

Other breweries find this style so popular that they produce it year-around with examples that include Widmer Hefeweizen, Sierra Nevada Wheat, Boulevard Brewing's Unfiltered Wheat, Odell's Easy Street Wheat, Tabernash Weiss, Two Brothers Ebelweiss, Pyramid Hefeweizen, Brooklyn Brewing's Brooklyner Weisse, Summit Hefeweizen, Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat, Pyramid Apricot Ale

Back