BeerAlchemy 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistercameron

Reaction score
BA2.0 is out now. Thoughts?

The interface seems a lot clumsier to me and even full screen i don't feel like I have enough room. I was disappointed that there aren't really many new features, just the same ones done in a different way

WildPirate said:
Never mind. Just realized you were talking about the touch version

Actually, both are updated. The touch one is now one purchase for both iPhone and iPad. The desktop version is a bit more similar now. I think the shopping feature will probably come in most handy.

So after I paid $10 on my iPad and $5 on my iPhone I'm supposed to pay another $5 for the current version?

Demon said:
So after I paid $10 on my iPad and $5 on my iPhone I'm supposed to pay another $5 for the current version?

$5 isn't much considering you are getting the app that runs on both the iPhone and iPad. At least there is some introductory "upgrade" price. You can also try the Mac version for 30 days to see if you like it.

Personally, I don't mind spending a few bucks to see how I like it. When I compare it to all the other brewing stuff I buy, it's really a very small amount for something that provides a good amount value. And as an app developer myself, I know how un-lucrative the business can be for most. A few bucks to help support a fellow small business owner isn't going to hurt me and will certainly go a little way to helping him.

I've been using Beer Alchemy for 2+ years and it has been INVALUABLE to me over the course of 100+ all-grain batches including a gold medal winning American Strong Ale at this year's LA County Fair. Along the way, if I've ever had questions related to features in the app, customer service has always been very quick to respond.

I solely use Beer Alchemy on my iPhone and iPad and since purchasing Beer Alchemy 2 ($4.99 on iOS), I've really appreciated the ability to sync between the two. I might be mistaken but with Beer Alchemy, I had to sync my mobile to my desktop and then my desktop to my iPad. Now I can go straight from iPhone to iPad and vice versa. (I prefer to design my recipes on the iPad and then use iPhone on brewday).

Though there are many new features that I really like (including an updated UI), my top 3 favorite additions are:
1. Ability to record more than 1 type of yeast in a recipe/batch.
2. Ability to take a picture and save it within the recipe/batch.
3. Ability to utilize a BIAB (Brew In A Bag) with a no-sparge profile.

So, with that being said, I raise my glass to you, creator of Beer Alchemy 2!

Since this new version requires OS X 10.8, it might be just the excuse I need to get a new macbook air. My old macbook topped out at 10.6. Perfect!

starting this one back up.

I just bought BA2 software. I am wondering how I can put in other ingredients into my inventory? I don't see an "other" or an option to add more, say Oak Chips or any purees. Can you not add other ingredients into your inventory?

Nevermind... There should be a manual or better instructions

Latest posts

Back