92% Apparent Attenuation!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fellbrew

Reaction score
Belgian Tripel transfered to secondary today. Gravity is 1.005, OG was 1.080... That is 92% attenuation, crazy.

I used WLP500 Trappist Ale Yeast.

Fermentables were 12 lbs of pilsener malt and 3 lbs of clear candi sugar.

Mashed in at 122 degrees for 30 minutes, then raised it to 145 degrees for 60 minutes.

Tastes great! Going to age in secondary for a month or so.

Belgian Tripel transfered to secondary today. Gravity is 1.005, OG was 1.080... That is 92% attenuation, crazy.

I used WLP500 Trappist Ale Yeast.

Fermentables were 12 lbs of pilsener malt and 3 lbs of clear candi sugar.

Mashed in at 122 degrees for 30 minutes, then raised it to 145 degrees for 60 minutes.

Tastes great! Going to age in secondary for a month or so.

3 lbs sugar and mashing at 145! Wow, that's one dry beer! How long did fermentation take?

Yea, I was shooting for the lower end of the BJCP style which is 1.008, so it will be a little dryer than normal for the style. Sample tasted really good though so I am hopeful.

It was in primary for 3 weeks. Fermentation lagged for 36 hours, then took off like crazy - it was generating a lot of heat so I moved it to a cooler part of the house where it continued slowly at 65 F with an inch of Krausen for 2 solid weeks. It then settled out and cleared within the past few days.

Back