Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D*Bo

Reaction score
After the brew name thread, I was wondering what others name their brewery after.

I had a roommate that named his hooch (distilled spirits) after the street we lived on...Long Cove Distiling, and another roommate, Long Cove Brewing.

I've named mine after the marsh/swamp (named after a lake) behind my house.

So what's yours?

Bierstadt Brewing.....named after a lake in Rocky Mountain National Park.....and it also translates into "Beer City".

--Aaron

mine is boring, but has a meaning to me- Broken Leg Brewery.

I broke my leg playing hockey on March 16, and it still hasn't healed. I started a more "quiet hobby"- brewing. I have a new nickname, though- "Brewmistress". I would give any more details no matter how much you beg.....

Lorena

To the many annoying/nosey people i have meet in my life, how about:

GET-A-LIFE BREWERY !!! :mug:

however, it could have a double connotation. ;)

Deep Six Brewing Co.

We sort of went serious with our name, just in case we ever make it big time - heh. Plus its just sounds damn cool (to me anyway).

***EDIT*** - Wanted to update this post with a copy of our new brewery logo.

4141-d6onbottle.jpg

Aaron said:
Bierstadt Brewing.....named after a lake in Rocky Mountain National Park.....and it also translates into "Beer City".

--Aaron

This lake? (and yes, that is my photo):
61114743.jpg

Maybe I'll name my brewery Sprague Brewing:
62194214.jpg

I've got different angles of Bierstadt Lake if you should need one for some reason...just PM me.

Deep Six....is this a...you know....innuendo? :ban:

Anyways, currently i just use my initials (KSK) for my brew name plus the bavarian flag in the background for my bavarian heritage.

In the works of being copywritten is "Guilt Beer" which my father, myself, and another beer loving friend are eventually going to begin...like an actual brewpub restaraunt.

Do you have a Guilty Conscience? Need to make a Guilt trip? And perhaps a winery -- Guilty by association. Man, this is what happens when you study law.

Cap'n Jewbeard's Fyne Fermenteds

All of my brews have nautical/piratey names. If I ever open a brew pub, I'd continue the theme probably by calling it "The Drynking Vesselle"

"Red Eagle Brew Werks"

Named after the bar/club where I met my wife. "Red Eagle Saloon"
Her name is Tina and mine Tommy so everything is usually "TNT" for us. But I thought that wouldn't be good for a brew name as everyone would more or less be looking for a connection to "dynamite"
However I did name my first brew "TNT Wonder Ale"

Tommy

D*Bo said:
After the brew name thread, I was wondering what others name their brewery after.

I had a roommate that named his hooch (distilled spirits) after the street we lived on...Long Cove Distiling, and another roommate, Long Cove Brewing.

I've named mine after the marsh/swamp (named after a lake) behind my house.

So what's yours?

umm....what's yours? :confused:

mine is still unnamed...

Jack-Assery brewing... The name comes from my Boss. We were part of a 40 man team that stood up a new Military Command that now has 1200 people.. He refered to some of the stupid crap as "Jack-assery" because the Generals and admirals were being Jack-Asses asking for stupid crap there was no way possible we could do with the manning and budget they gave us, but we did it anyway...:rockin:
I think when I retire they are going to miss me, there are things I got done, when my Bosses ask "How'd you do that?" they accepted the reply; "You don't want to know, just accept it was done and be happy with it, you are safe from prosecution".....

I can't decide, right now it's between ASSHAT Brewing after my first all grain the lable would say something like "from the Asses that make ASSHAT...
or maybe Black Dog after my greyhounds.

I've been considering "Bathtub Crank Brewing," but I don't think most people would get it.

If I were to ever use a serious name, it might be "Arcilla Rojo," or "Red Clay" Brewing. Refers to the soil in western OK.

Drowning Wasp Brewpub... came to me as I was sipping some home brew with my pastor and a wasp took a dive in my beer... didnt affect the taste much!

Exo said:
This lake? (and yes, that is my photo):
61114743.jpg

Maybe I'll name my brewery Sprague Brewing:
62194214.jpg

I've got different angles of Bierstadt Lake if you should need one for some reason...just PM me.

Yep, that's the lake! Nice pics! Sprague lake is cool too:rockin:

--Aaron:mug:

I was thinking about this last night and decided to name my brewery after me... Not because I'm full of myself but because I've never been able to come up with a decent name.
So I'm calling my brewery: "Richard's Home Brewery"
Pretty clever eh???

Wheat King Brewery

comes from a german board game called Settlers of Catan. in the game you collect resources and build cities etc. anyway my favorite resource HANDS DOWN is Wheat, so i would often call myself the Wheat King. Coincidentally, wheat has connotations in beer, so i thought it was fitting. or maybe ill use it as a variety name for wheat beers or a heff.

I still haven't named mine, maybe it will just stay that way. I think I am waiting for it to name itself, kind of the "it isn't a nickname if you gave it to yourself" kind of thing.

I was thinking it could be The Coolest Brewery, but that seemed over the top.

RichBrewer said:
I was thinking about this last night and decided to name my brewery after me... Not because I'm full of myself but because I've never been able to come up with a decent name.
So I'm calling my brewery: "Richard's Home Brewery"
Pretty clever eh???

:D

Mine is named after myself too, so don't feel bad.

When I was a teen, and in sports and stuff, I got called "Iron" all the time because my last name is similar to Ore, so it stuck throughout the rest of my life. Hence, the name of the brewery is the "Iron Orr Brewery".

I'm struggling mightily with a logo because I'm a total spazz on the computer drawing programs. I have no art skillz. I have some ideas but can't put them together.

Dude said:
:D

Mine is named after myself too, so don't feel bad.

When I was a teen, and in sports and stuff, I got called "Iron" all the time because my last name is similar to Ore, so it stuck throughout the rest of my life. Hence, the name of the brewery is the "Iron Orr Brewery".

I'm struggling mightily with a logo because I'm a total spazz on the computer drawing programs. I have no art skillz. I have some ideas but can't put them together.
You at least have a story that goes with your name. :mug:
I'm as lame as you with the graphics

My gal and i are gonna call ourselves "Prince of Ales Brewing" as we live on Prince of Wales Island in s.e Alaska.We like it anyways.No idea on a logo.

Mine's called Austin Bull Brewing and is named after my dog. I have a Boston Terrier name Alley. Since I live in Texas I call her an Austin Terrier and since she looks like a little bull dog I like to think of her as an Austin Bull. Anyway, I know it is a round-about way to get from Boston Terrier to Austin Bull but I thought the name would be good for my brewery.

bostonterrier.jpg

Wheat King said:
Wheat King Brewery

comes from a german board game called Settlers of Catan. in the game you collect resources and build cities etc. anyway my favorite resource HANDS DOWN is Wheat, so i would often call myself the Wheat King. Coincidentally, wheat has connotations in beer, so i thought it was fitting. or maybe ill use it as a variety name for wheat beers or a heff.

I LOVE that game. I don't think I've ever run into anyone else that has even heard of it that I didn't introduce to the game.

the_bird said:
I've heard of that game, but never played it. My wife used to be into gaming, I think that was something she and her friends played.

we're hijacking - time for a new thread me thinks

I think I finally came up with the name for my brewery....

Lightning Rod Brewery

My first name is Rod, so I think it fits

rdwj said:
I think I finally came up with the name for my brewery....

Lightning Rod Brewery

My first name is Rod, so I think it fits

Yep. ;)

I think someone on here had a "Thunderhead Pale Ale" at one time too. Good name for a beer from Lightning Rod Brewery.

Latest posts

Back