Tap king

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey I have just managed to work out how to open them safely and reconnect them. I just need to start brewing in them which I hope to do this week. I wonder if I need to replace the CO2 cylinder or just carbonate during brewing process?

I have heard they will have enough gas to serve and carb but the first glass or so will be cloudy from the sediment

enough gas from the brewing sugar you mean? I would have thought the sediment would sit at the bottom and only affect the last glass or so?

If we are thinking of the same tap king there's a little hose that goes in and sits on the bottom and the beer goes up it so it affects the first few and yea just from the priming sugar maybe add a little extra

Tap King Homebrew success!!
I carbonated the 3.2L bottles as normal. I believe the co2 is for dispensing the beer only. I ordered some 12g co2 bulbs and a 2mm triangle screwdriver online.
I filled one bottle without replacing the co2. The first couple of glasses were ok, after that there was not enough gas to dispense the beer from the tap king. It was just dribbling out.
Next bottle, with a new co2 bulb, Success!!
very happy. Just have to let the other bottles sit for a bit longer, brew is still very new.

Back