Working on a table of Cleansers/Sanitizers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrheinous

Reaction score
I'm working on a comprehensive table of cleansers/sanitizers using in brewing to further my knowledge on the subject and provide people with a one-stop comparison of everything they have to offer.

Knowing what's a cleanser, what's a sanitizer, and what surfaces they are incompatible with are pretty important.

The table is here, it's pretty large. That's a print of the Excel file I have going.

'Homemade' cleaners like bleach, vinegar, and maybe baking soda solution should be added there to.

If anyone has any knowledge of which products are compatible with which surfaces it'd help me complete the table with more homebrewing experience.

I like this idea. Especially after seeing a lot of "Don't use X product on Y material or it will destroy it" today. A central repository of information is rarely a bad thing.

starsan solution mistaken for water and metabisulphite powder are not compatible.

the fumes will clear the room

starsan solution mistaken for water and metabisulphite powder are not compatible.

the fumes will clear the room

I've done something like that before in a lab but inside a fume hood thankfully. Strong acids and bisulfites give you SO2 like acid and carbonates give you CO2.

Back