Gluten reduced using Brewer's Clarex

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbymetal

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you out there had used Brewer's Clarex to make a gluten reduced beer? I have used it on a couple batches and a friend of mine who has Celiac has actually tolerated the beer without any problems. Does anyone else have any experiences using this, or any results they can share with me?

That's probably the most referred to thread. It's pointed out whenever the topic comes up (and it'll probably be still the most referred to thread cause this topic will always be asked.) I still wouldn't trust it if I wanted to drink more than 12oz (I'm somewhat sensitive to gluten).
I would definately drink some if a stout were made with it (well, at least once.)

Ya I guess I could have used the search and found that thread...oops! Thanks for posting it though, and thank you both for your input.

Cheers!

I've played with it for about 1.5 years now. I recently got sick off my first batch, so I am trying a new method. I've become more gluten sensitive over the last 18 months. I came up with 5:1:1 of sorghum, brown rice, amber candi syrup to kind of hit LME about 3 years ago.

Using that, I have a batch of 4.5 lbs of grain and the sorghum blend with the clarex to see if I have a reaction. The first batch is in primary. I'll let everyone know my results. Before that I've never had a rxn and my gf and celiac friends never had a rxn.

Interesting, thank for sharing. Definitely interested in hearing the results. Happy brewing!

Back