gas better last 60 minutes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterfuse

Reaction score
This brewday isn't going well so far. took forever to sparge, took forever to get to a boil because my electric element has stopped working so im boiling with gas from a tank that i thought had run out in winter but miraculously has some left now.

lets hope it lasts for those important 60 minutes because its apporaching midnight and theres no such thing as a refill.

well it struggled through the hour with just about a boil but my boiloff rate was terrible so ended up with an extra 4 litres in the bucket.

Wow! Is that the luck o the Irish? Sounds like it turned out OK. Did the extra volume jack up your OG? It should all be good, you just may have a bit more beer, that is a bit lower in alcohol. Drink accordingly. ;)

yeh i took my estimated OG down from 1.054 to 1.047 so not too bad. But you know what i just didnt a calculation on my mash efficiency with that which has gone up from 67% on the last brew to 75% on this one so i've learned something about my sparging technique.

This was a hobgoblin clone so i will be drinking in compensation for the lower ABV :)

Back