$3 Bar build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis_W

Reaction score
I thought I would start a post on my bar for anyone look for a very easy very cheap bar build. It's build from 3 pallets and a scrap peice of what I believe is high density fiber board. I'm far from a carpenter and this took me about 1 hour to build and like the title says cost $3 which was the price of a box of wood screws.
Couldn't be easier right!?

Haha.

Yea those might help!

20130316_111634.jpg

Not bad for 3 bucks! That high density fiber board doesn't like getting wet though so you might wanna seal it or something

hence the big brown line in the middle....Found it in a puddle of water. But hell i got solid bar for nothing!

If you have a line on free pallets, you could always spend some time, de-nail them, and run the boards through a planner, finish them, and actually make something that looks quite professional... [Not knocking down your build]

MC

Yea I would never do that. It's in a peice of crap garage, its perfect for it's surrondings.

I think its great fora garage bar. Curious about the other side. Are the pallets just stood up on end? What's to keep them from falling over if leaned on?

I think its great fora garage bar. Curious about the other side. Are the pallets just stood up on end? What's to keep them from falling over if leaned on?

The "L" is what's holding it up mostly. I also got some scrap 2x4's and screwed them into the long part of the "L" attaching the two pallets together. But yes they are just stood up on end.

I think if i put 2 4x4 vertical posts that it would be firmer. But its not to bad as is. It can be leaned on but i wouldn't want a 300lber drunk leaning on the very end of it.

I grabbed my wife and said I wanted something like it. Well not for the house but in the shop I am golden.

I am thinking maybe a Gilligan Island theme :ban:

On the tropical island theme (Amazon link)

34_117

I have an ugly junk freezer, I am thinking of this around the sides. The thing is too old and near death to be worth painting.

It's a bit of a luxury at $12, about 4x the cost of the bar.

Yeah, I been thrown outa worse looking ones (if my addled memory serves right). You might also want to put a rusty nail in each glass served to add to the ambiance.

Back