Does anyone want to build/sell a pre-built control panel?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattrobertson

Reaction score
I would like to step up to a HERMS system similar to bobbytuck's with blichmann kettles. i will do the fabrication and kettle work, but i do not have the knowledge or desire to safely do the electrical work/control panel. i've checked out brewmation/high gravity's systems, but is there a better option?
does anyone have interest in building/selling me a panel?
specs:
1) ability to run 2 elements at one time (be boiling one batch while also having a 2nd element running in the hlt for a 2nd batch)
2) ability to continuously run 2 pumps (mt-->hlt and hlt-->hlt)
3) i only want one temp controller (in the hlt)
thanks
matt

When you say "better option" what are you referring to? Price?
You are dealing with something that has the potential to kill you, so either you learn what is safe or alternatively go with something pre built from someone who has sold systems that have been proven to be safe.

In my case I decided it's best to review all the available info and build it myself. Not sure I'd rely on a build from someone who does not do this for a living and can prove that it is built in a safe manner.

The prove part is important and honestly I've yet to see any of the vendors show a resume that tells me they are electrical engineers or another path to safe building.

i've checked out brewmation/high gravity's systems, but is there a better option?
does anyone have interest in building/selling me a panel?

Well, dunno what you mean by better. My brewmation is super sweet.
Brewmation does control boxes too if you want to put together the brewhouse yourself. I've seen them. Very nice and robust. I'd have to say that the control box and electronics are probably the best/nicest part of the brewmation.

I'm awaiting the 2.0 version of the software that will give me a step mash schedule and hop addition alarms. Party on Wayne!

Latest posts

Back