Co2 psi problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texbrewer

Reaction score
So, I have my 5# co2 tank hooked up to my corny keg. The chest freezer is set to 38 degrees with a compensation of 2 degrees. I set the gauge to just under 12psi.

The problem is that the psi keeps dropping to 8 over night. I have to adjust it every day. I checked for leaks, and I have nothing.

I read on an old thread that a guy had the same problem. Apparently all he had to do is adjust the check valve. Unfortunately, he gave no instructions or insight on how to do that.

Any suggestions?

Are you hooking up your gas to the keg turning it on then adjusting your Psi? Make sure you have your gas connection disconnected, adjust the psi inside of the line, then once it is where you want it hook it up to your keg.

I do not know if this is what is going on with your system? Explain a bit more your process if you can.

Is the regulator in the freezer? They are affected by temperature and will not operate correctly in a keezer.

Set the temp with it at room temp.

Is the regulator in the freezer? They are affected by temperature and will not operate correctly in a keezer.

Set the temp with it at room temp.

This is not, as a general rule, a true statement.

My regulator sits in my kegerator and works perfectly. Plenty of other folks on this board have similar setups.

What will happen if you keep things in your keezer/kegerator is that the high side valve will show significantly lower pressure, since the pressure inside the tank drops with the lower temperature. But the low side valve works, just the same.

Did you pop the seat by turning it to 30-40 PSI briefly? If there is a leak you will hear it at 40 PSI. If there is no leak it might be a problem with the diaphragm or o-ring of the regulator. I had a generic one that I f'd up but then got a Taprite top of the line one and it seems to be working great now!

Back