Kegging Noob - Down To The Wire For July 4th

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfista

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,

I was hoping for some thoughts on some logistical challenges I have.

I'm trying to get my kegerator online for July 4th weekend as we'll have about 10 people staying with us for the weekend. I intend on having three lines running initially in a 7 cubic foot GE chest.

I have gear coming from Kegconnection.com that should be delivered tomorrow. My collar is built. This is their basic pin-lock fridge kit with perlick faucets.

I have never force carb'd and I hope to have two beers and a soda on tap and understand I'm going to run into challenges and I want to work through them quickly. The beers were brewed 10 days ago and I'm going to move then to secondary for a week tonight.

I hope to have on tap:
5g Strawberry Wheat Beer based on the weihenstephaner recipe.
5g Arrogant Bastard clone, that will not have aged as much as I'd like but those are the breaks.
5g of Root Beer

Any thoughts on how to get them all carbonated if I can get them into Kegs by Thursday or Friday?

I've done a bit of research on kegging root beer and understand I'll need some longer lines.

Beyond that, any thoughts on an approach I should take to minimize risk of having a foamy or flat weekend?

Thanks,

Jason

I put my kegs on gas and start drinking after one week. They should reach max carb by 2. You will be fine with the time you have. I do 11-12 psi.

Back