Three quick questions before I start tomorrow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unkle Danky

Reaction score
1: Before I bottle should I stir the priming sugar into the beer or is the swirl from siphoning into the bottling bucket sufficient?

2: I am brewing a Double Chocolate Stout but all I have left for primary is a 5gal carboy. Will this be ok with a blowoff tube?

3: I have some Rogue Dead Guys and am going to use the pacman yeast for the next brew I get going. What type of flavors/aromas do these yeast add? I will be fermenting at about 65.

1. The activity from the siphon should be just fine. I typically add the priming solution, then rack into the bucket on top of it.

2. Yes, a 5 gallon carboy with blow-off should be fine.

3. Yeast doesn't really add flavor or aroma, it add character.

One caution on the carboy as a fermenter. Don't fill it too full or you will loose a lot of it through the blowoff tube. I try to size my batches so they fit the carboy with adequate headspace. If you are already knowing this then do not pay any attention to me. :)

Back