Major Screwup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pistolero

Reaction score
SWMBO just called, just to check in (she says). She chats for a few minutes, then says "Happy Anniversery, by the way." :eek:

Looks like I'll be feeling like an Italian figure skater tonight. :(

El Pistolero said:
I do, for important stuff. :D
You better be dang sure she doesn't read this forum!!!

OK, I think we can save you. All you've got to do is pay out the nose for something she has really been wanting or wanting to do. Act like you were pretending to have forgotten to make the surprise better. Make out that you had been planning for months. Even better if you can come up with some story about how hard it was to get the item in question.

God Emporer BillyBrew said:
You better be dang sure she doesn't read this forum!!!
Even if she did, I doubt she'd be looking for someone who calls himself El Pistolero. :D

Actually, she spent $3500 on landscaping a couple of weeks ago, so she's covered as far as big stuff. But, she probably figured she'd at least get a card...maybe a nice cream stout instead. :D

Just remember that domestic violence can happen to men too.... Better wear a cup tonight.

LMAO. Better get out the MC and do something good.

My wife and I were in Ecuador during our 2nd anniversary (should still be fresh??). Somehow neither of us thought about it. I was riding in the back of a pickup in the rain while she rode in toasty comfort up front when I managed to remember (had a lot of time to think back there). I was able to wish her Happy Anniversary at 5pm and still be first...muwahahaha. And an elephant never forgets.

since you're already in the doghouse... minas well enjoy the time you'll get to spend alone.

brew up a batch when you get home tonight :D

Sometimes it is annoying, but my wife starts giving me small reminders of stuff like this weeks before it happens. I have ADD and never seem to remember things like this unless its written in my calendar (which she has been known to take and write things in it). I have a pocket pc now that gives me reminders automaticly as well.... actually she had encouraged me to get one.....wonder why...?

Some things never change, and no amount of electronic wizardry will change the fact that us blokes just forget anniversaries and birthdays! Before I was married, I would remember family birthdays. Now I am married, some sort of genetic switch has activated, and I can't remember owt! :D

I guess real important things take hold..... I mean the important things... like brewing for instance:D

Kinda reminds me of a conversation I hinted on this morning.... "You know dear, I bet if I had a larger pot the stove would stay cleaner...":ban:

Back