blueberry juice?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pivot

Reaction score
so i was down at the farmers market today, and I picked up a bottle of pure 100% wild blueberry juice. this stuff is reaslly crazy sweet and good, and now im wondering.. how could i incorporate some of this into a recipe? its pretty expensive too, like 1o bucks for a 500ml bottle

My guess would be pasteurize it and add in secondary. Just don't use too much of it!

I tried a "Wild Blue" blueberry lager from Blue Dog Brewing the other day, and boy is this heavy on the blueberry!! I love blueberries, but this was not yummy by any stretch.

The beer is purple with a foamy purple head, and tastes like spiked blueberry soda.

"Violet, you're turning violet, Violet!!"
wildblue.jpg

You might try a venture into meads as well. Several good recipes for Blueberry Melomel ou there. I just made my first one in November. I don't know if it's any good as once you get past the primary it's a sit and wait game for the aging, but it was a nice change of pace to cook one up just the same.

Back