AHA Silver Certificate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlehop

Reaction score
Just checked the mail and to my total shock there was an envelope from the AHA. My 2008 NHC score was only 31 for my APA and they had indicated that it hadn't placed, well it didn't go to second round but silver in the first round is awsome as far as i'm concerned. This was a great surprise since my score sheets that came around the first week of may said nothing about actually getting any kind of award.:rockin: :tank: :mug:

:DWell that would be cool but its to late for me to send beer at this point anyway, because there aint none left of that batch, and they never sent me any notice of advancement. I'm not sure if this is a medal really, it's just a paper cetificate but it's cool as heck.:D

That is cool! I got a 37 on my American amber, but it didn't place. It was the second highest score, though (37.5 was the score on the first place beer), so I didn't feel too bad!

Today, I received 3 certificates. My Apfelwein got a silver and my APA and Robust Porter both each got a Bronze certificate.

I received 4 certificates in the mail.

Scotch Ale - Silver
Imperial IPA - Silver
Barleywine - Silver
Berliner Weisse - Bronze

Nothing advancing to the second round though.

I got a gold cert for my belgian pale ale (41/50) just yesterday as well... and I wasn't aware/didn't think I advanced b/c I wasn't listed on the Top 3 in my region for belgians? No 16Bs were I don't think...

Ah well, this will be neat to hold on to/show off... :)

EDIT: heck, maybe I'll post a pic...
EDIT2: for those interested in seeing what we are speaking of (and a shameless bragging pic since this was my first comp ever)
Belgian_Pale_Gold_Cert.JPG

That's awsome guys I was really excited to see mine and It's cool knowing that a whole bunch of brewers are getting these nice little surprises. I know mine is going to look great in the brewhaus.

Got 5 certs today, 1 gold, 3 silver, and 1 bronze (plus one more which we will just say won a "tin").

I was hoping my "gold" would hold out until conference so I could share, but it is getting very near empty. I hopefully will have enough left to bring a growler. I would really like to swap samples with ohiobrewtus since our recipes are fairly similar.

Latest posts

Back