New to home brews!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

despain85

Reaction score
Still reading and learning but I'm in the process of picking up brewing supplies. I'm just north of Fort Collins and know the local shops and how lucky I am. Hopefully will start by early spring as I getting promoted :D. Hope to meet some locals and learn a lot!

Welcome to the obsession! You picked a good day, being that it is the 80th anniversary of the end of Prohibition
:mug:

Game on now. Picked up a 5 gallon kit, going into hops and berries today and start with a lager that should be pretty easy to learn on.

Welcome to the group, and the hobby. I absolutely adore O'Dells, FCB, and all of the other great breweries so close to you!

It's hard to chose a favorite in Ft Collins. FCB and Funkwerks are my go to besides Coopersmiths. My next beer is to mimick Coopersmiths not brown ale which is one of the best brown ales I've ever tasted.

It's hard to chose a favorite in Ft Collins. FCB and Funkwerks are my go to besides Coopersmiths. My next beer is to mimick Coopersmiths not brown ale which is one of the best brown ales I've ever tasted.

Do you have something in the fermenter? I live just east of Timnath. Brewed my fourth batch last weekend.

Welcome to HBT. I have learned a lot here. Also recommend John Palmers " How to Brew"

If I can help you get started any way drop a line. rlmiller10 At Gmail

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Hey there – welcome to the art/hobby

I started in December and have learned a lot already. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

I will throw out this one bit of advice – use craigslist and the for sale forum here to gear up. I’ve saved a lot of money by doing so. If you can pluck one of the all-inclusive setups used, they are usually cheaper. I ended up building my own kegerator. Man it was a lot of work but if you don’t care what it looks like, there’s some super deals out there for used ones as well of those. Mine had to look nice for the living room, so I built it myself.

Welcome to the dysfunctional family! Let us know how your first brew goes! Temperature is everything in the ferment!

Do you have something in the fermenter? I live just east of Timnath. Brewed my fourth batch last weekend.

Welcome to HBT. I have learned a lot here. Also recommend John Palmers " How to Brew"

If I can help you get started any way drop a line. rlmiller10 At Gmail

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I've bottled 2 batches so far. The first was a pilsner that is pretty good for my first go, just needs to be a little more clear in the cup but it tastes like a Coors original so I'm ok with that. My 2nd batch was a black raspberry wheat beer. Mainly for the wife for the fruit beer. I bottled 24 of wheat and 24 black raspberry. So far it's been bottled for almost 2 weeks and I tried one of each and they were good for only being a week old.

Hey there – welcome to the art/hobby

I started in December and have learned a lot already. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

I will throw out this one bit of advice – use craigslist and the for sale forum here to gear up. I’ve saved a lot of money by doing so. If you can pluck one of the all-inclusive setups used, they are usually cheaper. I ended up building my own kegerator. Man it was a lot of work but if you don’t care what it looks like, there’s some super deals out there for used ones as well of those. Mine had to look nice for the living room, so I built it myself.

I browse craigslist daily and scored about 350 bottles for free! There's a guy in my home town that makes keggles, immersion chillers, and just about anything I could want.

Welcome to the dysfunctional family! Let us know how your first brew goes! Temperature is everything in the ferment!

I use my wife's linen closet to ferment. Sits about 64-66 degrees and has been perfect so far.

Back