Temp Control (BBQ)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

specialized

Reaction score
I'm looking for a little expertise with temp control... for bbq. I tried searching the bbq forums but couldn't find one with a large enough member base.

Basically I'm trying to build a temp controller for a meat smoker. I've been looking at the love controllers because and was wondering if anyone can fathom a way to hook up a 12v computer style fan to it.

I want to set the temp and have the fan kick on when the temp gets too cold and shut off when the temp is right. Does anyone have any ideas, or directions to point me in? All help is welcome!

In that case I imagine it would be simpler to find a 110v fan, no?

Any links for rectifiers would be helpful too. I'm not very familiar with electronics and do not know of any reputable online retailers.

you just need an ac->dc adapter. Old cell phone charger, old adapter from an answering machine, etc, etc. Drive THAT with the love, and the fan with the output of the adapter.

Back