Pear lambic?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianholton

Reaction score
Has anyone here tried pears in a lambic?
Which fruits should and shouldn't be used in lambics?

I don't know if there is any fruit that you can say shouldn't be used in lambics. Some will be more dominated by the flavors in the lambic, sure, but you just need to add more.

Perry is supposed to be very good, so why not make a pear lambic. I have never had one, but you can teach us all with your results.

I have a mango lambic rocking right now... brewed up similar to niquejim's "Drunk Owl Mango" recipe

edit: What I meant by this was... I definitely recommend experimenting! Give it a shot and report back!

I think I'm gonna go for it. I was slightly concerned about it turning out more cidery, but what the hell. I currently have a lambic in primary and plan on starting another one here soon. Thanks for the input!

I am going to do this soon. Got the idea out of nowhere and decided to look it up, found you guys here at HBT haha. Will more then likely report back when experiment is done. Have a Lambic that is 2 months old now, Going to add 300G per liter of skinned pears at 18 months. Hopefully it goes well!

OBSCZONER - you should give your Lambic more than 2 months to age before fruiting it. Also, why would you skin the pears?

I would skin the pears, simply because I feel like they may be a bit tannic, and the yeasts may not break down them down all the way. Other then that, really no reason behind skinning them

Also, in the past I have added fruit to my lambics after 3 months of fermentation, then done long term again, Now I have the knowledge to wait longer, I plan to try at around 18 months as usully practiced by Cantillon

Latest posts

Back