My hops are up!! (pics)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fantastical

Reaction score
After a week of waiting my cascade and centennial are finally out!

What do you guys think of the centennial? The root bulb of the plant is sticking out pretty far. Normal?

Cascade
Picture001.jpg

Centennial
Picture004.jpg

I'll be transferring mine from pots into the ground this week. They're doing great!

(click image for full size)

Mine are still in a bag in the fridge, untill this rain stops. or should I say ever stops
I have hop envy.

All mine are finally up.. Planted 8 plants this year and have a 3 year old Centennial that's doing quite well with 2 bines up about 6 feet. The new plants are all very short, most aren't even long enough to train onto their ropes yet. It hasn't been real warm around here yet - I'm expecting they'll take off once the sun starts making regular appearances.

This is my hop garden, doing pretty well for the most part Im really excited to use them on a batch. These are second year Nugget, Cascade, Williamette, and Mt. Hood left to right. Little willy :(

image-2313337334.jpg

image-387886000.jpg

image-531017194.jpg

One of my plants has an exposed root bulb like that as well. I think the soil settled or got washed away in a heavy rain or something. no harm to the shoots, all looks good, so probably nothing to worry about on yours.

Latest posts

Back