• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Trade - Beer Engine for Digital Temp Controller (Denver/CO Springs/Pueblo)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridebreck

Reaction score
I'm looking to trade one of my beer engines for either a Ranco or Johnson digital temp controller. I bought both beer engines off of ebay UK and had them shipped to me. They were pulled from a pub, so they have seen some use and have the normal wear and tear that one would expect from such a unit. However, they do pump. The porcelain handle is chipped at the bottom where it meets the brass flange, but is hidden by the flange when attached.

BeerEngines.jpg

The beer engine is a Chatsworth 1/2 pint model from Drinks Dispense Group. It has a cooling jacket. The pump assembly can be completely disassembled for cleaning and sanitising.

I'm taking part in the CMC group buy, so if you're interested and also taking part, we can make the trade when we're picking up our sacks of grain.

Matt

I've got several folks who are interested if I want to ship. Right now I'm pushing for a local sale, but if I don't get any takers in the next few days, I'll start with the first person in line.

A few more clarifications: these came with NO sparklers or drip trays, so you would need to buy these yourself. UK Brewing sells them (I need to buy them myself one of these days).

The current order for folks interested in shipping is:
- drez77
- scobro
- WPStrassburg
- Boerderij Kabouter

I'll trade a prewired Ranco as well. It's brand new. If everyone drops out.....hey there's a chance.

I'm considering letting the other one go too since I'm not going to be able to use it for quite a while. Anyone willing to trade a pump for a beer engine?

Patiently watching my PM's :mug:

I've got several folks who are interested if I want to ship. Right now I'm pushing for a local sale, but if I don't get any takers in the next few days, I'll start with the first person in line.

A few more clarifications: these came with NO sparklers or drip trays, so you would need to buy these yourself. UK Brewing sells them (I need to buy them myself one of these days).

The current order for folks interested in shipping is:
- drez77
- scobro
- WPStrassburg
- Boerderij Kabouter

Ridebreck, I forgot to mention I tried to PM you late last night but your inbox was full and it would not let me send it. PM me back and I can meet you today, next week, or at the grain pick up. My digital controller is in great shape & hardly used. I will happily go back to my dinosaur controller if I can trade for this! Hope to hear from you soon.

-Chris

Chris, RDWHAHB edged you out. He's first in line right now. Sorry drez77, looks like this one may not go your way.

The other one is still available in trade for a pump (that can handle hot wort). WPStrassburg is first in line for it.

NOTE: please respond in this thread before trying to PM me.

The other one is still available in trade for a pump (that can handle hot wort). WPStrassburg is first in line for it.

NOTE: please respond in this thread before trying to PM me.

Pump is a March BC-4K-MD 14 gpm & max 22' total head.

http://www.marchpump.com/documents/series_4.asp#BC-4K-MD 115V 50/60Hz & 230V 50/60Hz Models

http://www.marchpump.com/documents/Part Sheets/4-Series/0145-0023-1000.pdf

If you're interested pm me your phone # to set up the details.
Thanks,
Walter

Walter, according to the spec sheet, that one can handle a max temp of 200 deg. I'm wanting to run a whirlpool chiller with this, so it would need to be able to handle boiling wort. I may have to pass.

If by some miracle everyone one else drops out, I'd be up for either the ranco swap or the pump swap and I'd split shipping!

Stupid work keeping me from the deals section... ;)

So have you realized yet that you'd been much better off selling the engines, getting the two parts you need and still have plenty of cash? :D

So have you realized yet that you'd been much better off selling the engines, getting the two parts you need and still have plenty of cash? :D

Wife factor, my man. It's much, much harder for her to designate a temp controller or a pump to the honey-do list. Cash however....;)

I am beyond sure that both are gone, but I was searching for beer engines online and this came up. You dont happen to have either of them left do you?

Chromados

Back