Chinook IPA Extract Kit from Nothern Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egrimmer

Reaction score
Exciting week for me, I haven't brewed in about 8 months and I just received a Bayou SP14 burner and some other new equipment. I'm going to brew in my garage for the first time, all previous extract brews were done on the stove.

I have a pregnant wife at home so I'm finally feeling the urge to take it outside. I won't have access to water in the garage so I'm a little nervous about how it will all work out. I'm hoping the propane burner speeds things up over my former use of an electric stove top.

I'm a little concerned about my cheap enamel stock pot on the propane burner but I hope to avoid scorching by removing it while adding extract.

Okay, now to the kit I'll be using. It is the Chinook IPA kit from northern brewing. I've really been digging IPAs lately, I joined the mug club at Founders Brewing in my hometown (membership starts saturday) and times could not be better for my brewing future.

Long story short, has anybody brewed the Chinook IPA Kit? If so, any suggestions on how it will turn out without additions? Any suggestions for additions?

I have never brewed that specific recipe. However, I know that Northern Brewer only sells tried and true recipes. My advice would be to brew the recipe as directed. If you feel like changing it after you have tried the finished product, then feel free.

Eric

Back