First All-Grain Brewday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brokenanchor

Reaction score
So I finally took the leap into all-grain brewing. I built and igloo cooler mash tun, picked up 165 lbs of bulk grain and a bunch of specialty and got 5 lbs of hops from hops direct. Just started heating the strike water to 167 for 13 lbs of 2-row. I also just picked up a second turkey fryer the other day and I'm curing that right now. Starting out with a pretty simple smash.

13 lbs of 2-row ((1 1/2 lbs of it was toasted at 350 for 40 minutes) Yes it's not technically a smash since we toasted grain so what do you wanna fight about it?)
.50 oz Chinook (FWH)
.50 oz Chinook (30 minutes)
.50 oz Chinook (15 minutes)
1.0 oz Chinook (5 minutes)
1.0 oz Chinook (0 minutes)
1.0 oz Chinook (Dry Hop 5 days)
Wyeast American Ale 1056

I'll make sure to post some brew pron in a bit.

Looks like it should be delicious! Which hops did you end up picking up? I've done a couple all grain batches myself but have yet to buy any bulk ingredients. That step comes next :mug:

Now lets see those pics!

When you said you took a leap, you weren't kidding. Buying 165lbs of grain even before your first run can be classified as a leap....;):rockin:

Back