WLP 670 question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jevers

Reaction score
I brewed a Boulevard Tank 7 clone around ten days ago, and pitched a starter of of WLP 670. Fermentation took off like a rocket and seems to be doing pretty well. The question I have is about temperature control with this strain. I've been keeping it in the low to mid sixties the entire time, and am now wondering if I need to try warm it up some.

I know that the recommended temp range for this strain is higher than what I've been at, but i didn't want it to get too funky.

Anyone have any experience with this strain?

It's been about 2.5 weeks now and airlock activity has stopped within the past day or two. I broke my hydrometer on the last brewday and haven't gotten a replacement yet, so I'm not sure when to bottle, but I will get a replacement soon.

Is there any concern with bottling in the next week or two (assuming that my replacement hydrometer says the gravity has stopped dropping) since there is a Brett component to this strain? My understanding is that it will keep working for quite a while...

Back