Looking for 6 to 8 oz Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flukeball

Reaction score
Looking for 6 to 8oz. bottles for some hard cider. I have found some mini glass champagne bottles for $14.25 a case of 24 any where cheaper?
Also can I use those mini plastic soda bottles and their caps or should I replace the caps?

At a few local bottle shops you can purchase Rogue beers in 8 oz. bottles. That way you can have some beers, and keep the bottles to use.

Ever thought about those small coke bottles? I think they are 8 oz. They use to be pop tops. Not sure anymore.

Not sure if you can still get rolling rock in the pony bottles.

at PSU we used to do case studies at the rathskeller and they'd bring a case of the rolling rock pony bottles to your table.

From what I have read you can re use the plastic caps on bottles 2 or 3 times.
I know flying dog comes out with a mix case of high alcohol beers in 8 oz bottles, I got a case once and really enjoyed it.

Ever thought about those small coke bottles? I think they are 8 oz. They use to be pop tops. Not sure anymore.

A coworker of mine is using these for his wedding mead. He brought in a couple of cases and told us all to enjoy the beverage, so long as he got the bottles back :)

what about those little kings bottles? haven't seen them around for some time but they were pretty darn small

Corona's "Coronita" bottles are 7 ounces.

Not ideal though, since the glass is clear and not brown, the labels are hard to take off, and the bottles are filled with crap beer.

coronita.JPG

Corona's "Coronita" bottles are 7 ounces.

Not ideal though, since the glass is clear and not brown, the labels are hard to take off, and the bottles are filled with crap beer.

coronita.JPG
the local mexican restaurant sells these by the ton. I use em for washed yeast. PROBABLY grab some for my jalapeno wine. you might try checking any local mex place.

the local mexican restaurant sells these by the ton. I use em for washed yeast. PROBABLY grab some for my jalapeno wine. you might try checking any local mex place.

A wire wheel will also remove those painted on labels in under 10 seconds...

I know the Dr Pepper bottles are 8 oz pop tops, but they're also clear and have painted labels though.

Back