huge weight lifted off my sholders

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustbucket

Reaction score
i thought i would share this.. because.. well just because

today i took my last final for my masters degree... i am officially done with classes and have my thesis left to finish, which is half done. so as i submitted my last final i could feel my face/smile spreading ear to ear... i feel like i have 100 lbs lifted off my shoulders... and feel so good haha :ban:

then the fact im doing a double brew this weekend, which i cant wait for!

one in which is a barleywine, and should name it something related to finishing school, any ideas?

have any of you ever felt that good with something in your life?

now if it wasn't 2:00 pm in the afternoon, i would crack open a beer... :mug:

I know the feeling. I finished my final class for my B.B.A. last May, and it was an incredible feeling.

congrats, it's a good feeling to finish your MS. i completed mine in 2009 and will wrap up my Ph.D. next year... do you still have to defend your thesis?

since, im going to the gym later, and have a couple things to do... lol, on any other day.. i would gladly do it

Congrats. It is an incredible feeling. Is there some kind of heat wave going on up in Syracuse? My entire deck is still covered in about 3' of snow. It does make chilling easier.

there was last week, we got up to 51! i was wearing shorts outside cleaning the driveway off! but right now we went form 3 feet of compact snow to about 6 inches! spring is near and i can feel that ill be brewing every weekend or every other to bump up my supply line!

but yes i feel great right now... like a million bucks!

Good for you! What is your degree in? That might help with the name-a-brew process...

It is amazing when that weight lifts off your shoulders, especially when it's been there so long that you've forgotten what life is without it! All the best, rustbucket!

the degree is and MS in "manufacturing mechanical systems integration" basically making it in short terms, designing with the manufacturing of products in mind (basically learning six sigma and a whole bunch of lean techniques). with that i did a concentration with in it of engineering management. s

Right behind you!
I have 9 more classes for my MS in Mgmt.
People say - "wow, this year has just flown by" - and I say "well, it's been the longest couple of years of my life!" I only brewed 4 times last year, and only played golf 6. Nothing but research and papers and books and... I can't WAIT to get back to a normal life.
Congrats to you, man!

Must be a nice feeling. I'm 4 years into a PhD with no end in sight. The only good news is that I'm not paying for it.

Latest posts

Back