AB's Cask Conditioned Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert_Sky

Since 1998
Reaction score
Anheuser-Busch
Winter's Bourbon Cask Ale

"ALE AGED ON BOURBON BARREL OAK AND VANILLA BEANS"

Aged with Madagascar vanilla beans.....:rolleyes: lol

SWMBO must to went shopping, because this was in the fridge when I got home. I just poured a pint, and well.....it's not bad. I wouldn't call it a cask ale, but it is a decent beer. Too much carbonation for a cask. Its gonna be a decent session beer....lol

I didn't even know this was out. Anyone else have this

It was passed around at the last homebrew club meeting here and it tasted like - get this - MARSHMALLOWS. Seriously. That sixer was determined by more than one person to taste very much like liquid-essence-of-marshmallow.

A batch I tried a couple months prior tasted like carbonated vanilla extract. It sounds like it's pretty inconsistent, so I don't know what it's supposed to taste like.

weird.....

maybe its just that im kind of drunk, but I know for sure its not a cask ale. I could pound the crap out of these.

there is a sweetness to it, but it doesn't taste like marshmallows. SWMBO says her bar just got it on tap, and it is completely different than in bottles.

I bought some of this awhile back and there is NOTHING to it. All I get is some vanilla and very little (if any) oak. No complexity what so ever. Exactly what I expected from AB. A very one dimensional beer.

I had some last night for the first time, I actually hate to say it, but I really liked it. Again, not really a cask ale, but the vanilla and bourbon comes through nicely, I'd say it is more of a dessert beer, I don't think I could drink more than one or two in a sitting though...to sweet.

I drank all 6 last night, and had a nice headache this morning. Could of been the other 4 pitchers of Lite I drank though

I found the first one somewhat offensive. Once my tastebuds warmed up to it, it wasn't so bad. I'd drink it again if I found my choices on the slim side. ;)

Brewtopia said:
I bought some of this awhile back and there is NOTHING to it. All I get is some vanilla and very little (if any) oak. No complexity what so ever. Exactly what I expected from AB. A very one dimensional beer.

My thoughts exactly. No maltiness at all and it's like they try to make up for it by putting too much vanilla.

THey have this at every pub and restaurant here. I like it, but sometimes it is just to dang sweet. Almost like its not aged enough. I have only tried in on tap, not from the bottle. May try to find that this weekend as I am running low on homebrew and spring is a long ways away.

Back