Group Buy in Chicago #7

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmason1623

Reaction score
We are starting another group buy in Chicago. You will need to register in the ordering database if you haven't already. I will periodically approve new registrants throughout the day so you will not get a confirmation email; just check in from time to time. You need to be a registered member of homebrewtalk; it's free to register on this site.

The catalog link is within the group buy "wall". The database is pretty straight forward to use.

If you have questions ask on this thread and either myself or others will be happy to answer your questions.

http://chicagohomebrewers.org/grain2

EDIT: For those of you wanting to order 'Organic Pilsen' malt please be advised that Country malt considers it 'Organic 2-Row'. Don't ask. They gave me an explanation that really didn't make sense to me.

Is anyone interested in splitting a 4X1 gallon Star San purchase four ways? I'm likely in for one gallon.

I'll have to look into it when I get back later on this morning.

Does anyone who's ordered pilsner malt before have any recommendations on maltsters?

I've always ordered the Malteries Franco-Belges variety, happy with the results, but nothing to compare it to. I usually brew Belgian style beers, so it's my personal preference, a tad bit more expensive than NA malters.

Tonight i will do inventory of my grains and submit order over the weekend. Thanks for organizing this again

no matter what i do i cant seen to place an order. and yes i am registered

I am seeing some price differences from the price sheet to what shows up on the webpage databse.
For example: price sheet says GWM Premium 2-Row is either $0.61 (for <2000#) and $0.58 (for 2K-8K#) but on the online databse it comes up as $0.60 per/lb.

Any reason why? Are the prices correct on the database or on the catalog?

Jon, that's what it is, I didn't search on Briess, just what I was looking for under Briess, which isn't coming up on the DB search.

has anyone checked if the price increases are uniform and across all items? for example, did all prices go up by $0.01 per pound?

For some reason I'm unable to add CMC 2row. I have successfully added other grains to my order, including other CMC products, but I can't add their 2row. Is anybody else having this issue?

I usually only keep 2 row in stock. What other base grains would everyone recommend?

has anyone checked if the price increases are uniform and across all items? for example, did all prices go up by $0.01 per pound?

Bill. I just did a quick search to see what the differences were on the Great Western pricing.
In the database it looks like all of the Crystal sacks are following the 12,000-32,000# pricing at $0.75/lb.
Organic Wheat is way off (by about $0.30)
The rest of the "normal stuff" (Premium 2-Row,Pale Ale, and Vienna) are only off by $0.01.

Is anyone interested in splitting a 4X1 gallon Star San purchase four ways? I'm likely in for one gallon.

If your OK with it, I'm in for one gallon.
Anyone want to split bags of Crystal 20 and/or munich?
Mike

As the total pounds go up over 2000#, then we hit the next price structure.
I have a bag of Briess 2-Row in my cart, and now that we went over 2000#, the price is no longer in there and the price says that I owe $0.00

SCORE!!!! - Bill, I think we need to update the database :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back