ball lock gas in disconnect will not stayon keg post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a ball lock keg with a 12 point gas post. I am testing them for leaks and noticed that the gas disconnect is not locking onto the post. I have tried three disconnects and the results are the same. Any thoughts Please????

You need to be sure that the post is actually a gas in post. Here is the way to know for sure:

keg-posts-1.jpg

Hope this helps.

P-J

He said it's a 12 point post. Didn't they only make 12 point post for the gas side?
Does it look very worn or scratched?

You need to be sure that the post is actually a gas in post. Here is the way to know for sure:

keg-posts-1.jpg

Hope this helps.

P-J

In addition to those "notches" on the very bottom, make sure you're using a gray disconnect! I tried and tried and tried to get a black one on a gas post once. I finally was successful, but of course then couldn't get it off! :drunk:

zman,
If you ever need help with a connector, post, stem/plug. Let mer know. I have a shop in Lakewood that has worked on these kegs for over 25 years. We can fix, repair or replace your kegs while you wait. I saw the KROC and figured you must be a member of the Broomfield club. All twelve point posts were gas. we have new and used replacement parts on hand. We also have piles of poppets and reconditioned kegs. I am registered and on the Vendors List as Tom's Brew Shop. Ryan just picked up our donation for the silent auction this month.

zman,
If you ever need help with a connector, post, stem/plug. Let mer know. I have a shop in Lakewood that has worked on these kegs for over 25 years. We can fix, repair or replace your kegs while you wait. I saw the KROC and figured you must be a member of the Broomfield club. All twelve point posts were gas. we have new and used replacement parts on hand. We also have piles of poppets and reconditioned kegs. I am registered and on the Vendors List as Tom's Brew Shop. Ryan just picked up our donation for the silent auction this month.

Do they make a too that you can use to get the poppet into the post?

He said it's a 12 point post. Didn't they only make 12 point post for the gas side?
Does it look very worn or scratched?
I bought a bunch of ball lock kegs recently and I'm amazed at the variety. Some have 12 point on both sides, some have 6 point on both sides, some are randomly mix and match.

No special tool that we know of, but one way would be to use the short gas side dip tube to push the poppets in. this allows the center pin to move while being able to push the three legs further up into the post. i have used an awl, or metal pick to push the base of the legs in also.

Back