Working on cloning Firestone Red nectar Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eluna

Reaction score

Recipe: HumBrews Red Nectar Ale Clone (AG)
Brewer: Eluna
Asst Brewer:
Style: American Amber Ale
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 5.00 gal
Boil Size: 6.31 gal
Estimated OG: 1.053 SG
Estimated Color: 20.7 SRM
Estimated IBU: 42.7 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 65.00 %
Boil Time: 90 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
6.00 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 53.81 %
3.00 lb White Wheat Malt (2.4 SRM) Grain 26.91 %
2.00 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 80L (80.0 SRM) Grain 17.94 %
0.15 lb Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 1.35 %
0.75 oz Chinook [12.40 %] (90 min) Hops 36.1 IBU
0.50 oz Cascade [7.40 %] (15 min) Hops 6.7 IBU
0.75 oz Cascade [5.50 %] (0 min) Hops -

So how does it look im not too experienced but this is a Beer i have loved for many years but i cant find any Clone brewing recipes for it so im making it myself. surprisingly enough there website actually lists what hops they use and when they add it also tells you what malts they use but pretty sure they wouldn't show the actually full malt list just a tid bit.

http://www.nectarales.com/?page=red-nectar

This is the site to nectar ales brew that i am shooting for

For this recipe on the site it says wheat malt but doesn't tell you the kind but from drinking the beer and seeing that beautiful ruby red color they probably use Red Wheat but i cant get that in my area so i substituted for .50lb chocolate malt for reddish coloring and Roasted flavor that i get a bit when i drink Red nectar. Cara is just for body and C60 as well for coloring

Red nectar Ale Finishes a bit dry so i will be on a bit lower temperature for the mash. and ferment at lowest Reasonable Temperatures for the Yeast for a Crisper Taste to go with the Dry and hopefully it will be somewhat close.

If anything i have written sounds weird or wrong please correct me i dont have much Hands on brewers experience just Brewing books that i have been possessed by :mug:

I know this is an older post, but how did it turn out? I lived in Bakersfield, CA for two years and got hooked on this stuff. Now I'm living back in Michigan and sadly I can't get it here (not that there isn't plenty of great beer around living in Kalamazoo)

Anyhow, I was just wondering/hoping that this was a success.

I know this is an older post, but how did it turn out? I lived in Bakersfield, CA for two years and got hooked on this stuff. Now I'm living back in Michigan and sadly I can't get it here (not that there isn't plenty of great beer around living in Kalamazoo)

Anyhow, I was just wondering/hoping that this was a success.

No it didn't come out Close enough to be called a clone as i recall but a good beer still Back then i wasn't to experienced and i may have made some mistakes but I have advanced a lot with 20+ Brews under my belt So i may take another crack at it and try to create another clone recipe or just run with this recipe and see how i do now but it will probably be couple of months Since i Maxed out my Brewing capacity before my Classes began and there all pretty hefty beers where patients is key but I may ask a Couple fellow Brewers locally Since Red Nectar Ales was originally made in a brewery called Humboldt Brewery in arcata where i live so someone must know but i will Re post if anyone i know has already made a Clone since some of the brewers i know learned by Cloning beers from the Bars. If all else fails try making a recipe yourself and just use the ingredients listed on nectarales.com and make some beer as long as you dont add dirt to your beer its gonna come out Pretty darn good never such thing as a bad one and then you get the glory of Creating your own Clone and Is pretty fun sometimes when you fail cause it gives the idea of what you need to do next kind of like a puzzle just with flavors well good luck on your search:mug:

Back