Issue with auber SYL-2352P

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I'm Andrea from Italy.
I've just bought an SYL-2352P device for my small HB plant..I use it to control my 1800W electric pot.
I've used the auto tune function but I'm experiencing two issues:
1) The PV values in the display keeps on "oscillating" around the read temperature and it's impossible to understand the real PV...Could this be a device/probe issue (I use a PT100 probe) or is it the normal function?
2) When the device starts a ramp I see that the SV is update according to the final temperature and the ramp time but the output isn't "driven" correctly, infact when the step time is up the temperature is at about half of the final value because the total "ON" time was not enough to produce enough heat...(I apologize for this NON techincal explanation, I hope you understood the problem).
I think that this could depend by a wrong auto tune settings, and I'd like to ask what's the best way to use it (what's the best way to do it, the temperature at the beginning, the SV t use etc.). Is there some manual settings that could work better than an auto tune?
I'm an homebrewer so my "temperature range" is about from 45 degrees to 78 degree and the ramp time usually are to increase the mash temperature by 1 degree per minute after the various steps.

Can someone help me?

Thanks and regards
Andrea

p.s.
I forgot to say that the electric pot has a capacity of 28 litres but normally during the mash it's filled at about 3/4 of the total capacity...If I use the auto tune, how much water should I use?

Back