Co2 inside vs. outside

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weizenheimer

Reaction score
I have 2 kegerators set up, one with the co2 tank outside the system and one where the tank resides inside. As long as the beer in both systems is refrigerated at the same temp should the pressure be set the same on both. In other words the system that has an external Co2 tank reads 10 PSI on the regulator and the system with the tank inside reads 10 PSI. If lines were the same length and the kegs were at the same temp would the beer have the same carb? or does the temp of the Co2 tank change things?

the temp of the CO2 tank should make no difference. Both beers should have the same carb level.

the factors are...
1: Temp of the beer
2: Pressure in the keg

length of tubing from the regulator to the keg should make no difference, but should be kept to a minimum.

the temp of the CO2 tank should make no difference. Both beers should have the same carb level.

the factors are...
1: Temp of the beer
2: Pressure in the keg

length of tubing from the regulator to the keg should make no difference, but should be kept to a minimum.

exactly correct. I like having the tank on the outside, either works. I keep the regs set at the same pressure either way.

Having the regulator inside can make setting the regulator pressure a little tricky, but once you've got it, no difference.

Back