Woo for batch #2!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gremlyn

Reaction score
So we decided to get the next batch going so we have a good pipeline going. The first batch should be done in about a week (2 weeks in primary, 3 in carbonation). That was a true brew red ale kit; we tasted a little to see how it was doing and were very pleased with it.

For the second batch we decided to stick with the same type, but make the recipe up ourselves, which can be found here: hopville . "1st Irish Red" Irish Red Ale Recipe. It is currently sitting in my bath tub with a wet towel around it to stay cool. Fermentation has started already, but still pretty slow. We hit out SG almost perfectly, according to beer calculus it should be at 1.051 and to the best of our measuring ability we were between 1.050 and 1.051 :D

Got some pictures (not like you haven't seen beer brewed before), and will put those up sometime later tonight probably.

EDIT: here are pics: http://gallery.mazdagremlyn.com/thumbnails.php?album=14

CHEERS! :mug:

Always like hearing about a new Home Brewer. Sounds like yal are having fun.

I wasn't happy with my pipeline until I got two six gallon primaries and two five gallon secondaries. I got away from the plastic bucket fermenting. Now I have three syrup tanks, that gives me one in the closet, waiting,and two in the frig. Just trying to stay on top of it.

I can't wait for my apfelwein to finish up so tomorrow I'll have three primaries going for the first time.... I think SWMBO will have something to say about that....

Good to hear! I have been brewing with my friend since October, and it has become quite an obsession for us. We have six primaries and three secondaries. Good luck with your brews!

Getting to start one batch was enough of a battle with the SWMBO, I'm hoping she'll come around to more brewing once she tastes it :)

I was worried bout the small operation I had going... I guess I need to look for a storage building to set up something to keep up with you guys.

:rockin:

Wait till you see the pics of the NEW stuff... maybe I'll upload those tonight ;)

Back